Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Love Wish List

Babeland is running a contest: make a sex toy wish list, post it in your blog, potentially win the whole list -- just keep it under $500. I can't think of a better way to collect more review material. I've tried to build a varied and interesting list, representing different manufacturers and types of toys available from Babeland:

The first thing I want to try is the Pure Wand by Njoy. A few months ago I didn't even know they made stainless steel sex toys, and now I'm considering paying a hundred bucks for one? Apparently the weight (a pound and a half!) is great for g-spot stimulation.

Pure Wand by Njoy


Second on the list is the the Rosebud by Vibratex. It's a silicone rabbit vibe from the makers of the famous one, and the rotation is supposed to be quite strong. I'm definitely eager to try this one out.

Rosebud -- a Babeland Staff Pick


I feel somewhat inadequate as I write reviews, because I've never tried the Hitachi or anything like it. However, I'm not willing to put anything near my nether regions that's plugged into a wall socket. The odds of a lightning strike might be remote, but I'm not dying that way. On the other hand, the Acuvibe looks like a fantastic alternative. Cordless and rechargeable. Perfect.

Acuvibe


Next up, the Alumina Revolve by Tantus. It's pretty, it's made of aluminum -- a material I have not yet tried -- and it has a unique shape. It should make for an interesting review.

Alumina Revolve


I have yet to review anything from Fun Factory, so it seems that starting with a Babeland Exclusive might be a good idea. The pink disturbs me, but silicone and a booster button intrigue.

Boss Lady by Fun Factory -- a Babeland Exclusive


So far, my blog has been woefully short on inexpensive toys, and I don't have a toy with ridges like this, so I'll give it a try. The Fleur De Lis Desire:

Fleur De Lis Desire -- a Babeland Staff Pick


I've read some sexpert blogs containing fond memories of an old version of this toy -- the Nubby G. While I have my doubts, I'm willing to give it a try. Besides, it's another Babeland Exclusive:

Babeland Nubby G


Here's another inexpensive toy with a fair bit of hype. I have my doubts that it'll pass a sound test, but I'm willing to give it a fair shake. The Orchid G:

Orchid G


And last but not least, if I can get some free toy cleaner out of this contest dealio, that's great. If I, you know, actually win. Plus I should actually try a few so I can figure out if there are any differences. Then perhaps I could do some sort of comparison post, which would be almost interesting.

Babeland Toy Cleaner

Now for those of you wondering, yes, I've seen that plenty of sexperts obviously receive toys for free to review, but I'm not quite sure how that works, and I'm really not keen on packages arriving unexpectedly, or of a whole bunch of employees of various stores and manufacturers having my real life information while also being aware of this blog. That just seems a little too real to me. At the same time, I don't have an unlimited fund for this kind of thing. I have to put more thought into the whole situation if I'm going to keep reviewing toys. As for my personal needs, well, I have some things that I really like at this point.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment